Template:Fastboot oem unlock
Unlocking the device
- Configure your computer for fastboot.
- Enable USB debugging on the device.
- Connect the device to the computer through USB.
- From a terminal on a computer, type the following to boot the device into fastboot mode:
$ adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC sees the device by typing
- If you don't see your device serial number, and instead see "<waiting for device>", fastboot is not configured properly on your machine. See fastboot documentation for more info.
- If you see "no permissions fastboot", try running fastboot as root.
- From the same terminal, type the following command to unlock the bootloader:
$ ERROR: unlock command not set in device template!
- A disclaimer will display on the device that must be accepted. Use the volume keys to cycle through the options. Pressing the power button should confirm your selection.
- If the device doesn't automatically reboot, reboot it from the menu. It should now be unlocked.
- Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging on the device to continue.