Template:Fastboot oem unlock
Unlocking the bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader will automatically wipe all device data.
- Make sure your computer has working fastboot and adb.
- Enable USB debugging on the device.
- Enable OEM unlock in the Developer options settings on the device. (Note: Not all devices have this setting, so continue with next step if yours does not.)
- Connect the device to the computer through USB.
- From a terminal on a computer, type the following to boot the device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC sees the device by typing
- If you don't see your device serial number, and instead see "<waiting for device>", fastboot is not configured properly on your machine. See fastboot documentation for more info.
- If you see "no permissions fastboot", try running fastboot as root.
- From the same terminal, type the following command to unlock the bootloader:
ERROR: unlock command not set in device template!
- If the device doesn't automatically reboot, reboot it from the menu. It should now be unlocked.
- Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging on the device to continue.