CyanogenMod User Help
We have written several end-user support articles to help you familiarize yourself with CyanogenMod and its operation.
- About CyanogenMod
- Why Modify your Device?
- How CyanogenMod is Versioned
- How To Install CyanogenMod
- Updating CyanogenMod
- What's a Recovery Image?
- Basic ClockWorkMod Recovery Instructions
- The edify scripting language - a brief look at the language used to flash
How To Use CM
- The Profile Manager -- A CM 10 feature (in Settings->Profiles) to manage groups of settings.
- JIRA project management -- The official home of bug reports for CyanogenMod
Your Computer And CyanogenMod
- All About the Android SDK - the Software Development Kit - what it is and why you should care
- Download and use adb to communicate between your device and your computer
- Download and use fastboot to flash your devices from your computer
- "Bare Bones" Device Guide - If your device has very little internal storage, this (older wiki) guide may help you determine which system apps you can safely delete to preserve space.
Concepts & Vocabulary
- Concepts: "rooting", "sideloading", "jailbreaking", "flashing", "unlocking", "unlocking a bootloader" explained!
- More concepts: kinds of memory-- "RAM", "Internal storage", etc. and common Android "partitions"/directories
- Glossary of Common Terminology
- Development - Got mad coding skillz? Help develop CM!
- How to edit this wiki - Can't code? Then make this wiki better!
Having an issue getting CyanogenMod on your device? Stumped on how to get past a build error? Use the links below to connect with other CyanogenMod users.
Support is provided on official CyanogenMod Stable and Release Candidate builds only.
- CyanogenMod Forums - The official message board for CyanogenMod.
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC) - Live chat with other CyanogenMod users. Please choose the appropriate room for your queries.
- G+ Community - The CyanogenMod Google Plus community page.
Even More Help
- Community - Meet the gang and learn about CM culture, get-togethers, and more.